This a great idea for the upcoming Superbowl!
- 1 pound of chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- Southwest seasonings
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper to taste
- Of course the rest, guacamole, rice, beans, cheese, sour cream, etc.
- This is a great way to practice your knife skills. When cutting the onions and peppers you want to make nice and consistent slices so that they cook at the same rate. I like to make them on the thin side so that the onion is well cooked. Preheat oven to 325.
- Season the chicken with southwest spices, salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan heat a little oil, and add onions first. Season with salt, cook for a few minutes and then throw in the peppers. Be sure to use a flat edged spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan (this will help prevent them from burning). Cook on medium to low heat for 20 minutes. Poor into a baking dish.
- Next use the same sauté pan and add a little more oil, put chicken into the pan, and brown on both sides (searing). Then place the chicken into the baking dish with the onions and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with delicious sides!
Happy Cooking! Mary