1 turkey (14-16 lbs. will feed 10 to 12 people)
2 oranges cut in ½
2 yellow onions peeled and sliced into rings
4 stalks celery washed and chopped
3 carrots peeled and chopped
2 bay leaves
2 cups chicken stock
2 sticks butter softened
1 Turkey bag
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch thyme
1 cup white wine
1. In a bowl, soften the butter and add salt and pepper. Mix with your hands (the warmth in your fingers will really soften the butter).
2. Clean and dry your turkey.
3. Spread the butter all over the bird (legs, breast, thighs) and throw any remaining butter into the cavity of the bird.
4. Place the bird into the bag – but don’t tie it yet.
5. Stuff the bird with all of the following: oranges, onion, celery, carrot, bay leaf, parsley, and thyme.
6. In the bottom of the bag add the chicken stock and wine.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 2 to 2 ½ hours. *Also be sure to read the cooking time and temperature on the bag that you bought, some may vary.