- 2 ea 8 oz pieces of halibut
- 1 leek
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup white wine
- This is a terrific dish when you want something very flavorful and really healthy. I never use to like fish, and then I began cooking it for my clients, and I realized that I needed to like the things that I was sending them. This recipe came out of those ideas.
- To begin Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- First you dry your fish off with a paper towel. Then salt and pepper it. (You can add dried parsley flakes to give it color)
- Clean your leek by cutting it in half-length wise and then rinse out the leaves but keeping it in tact. Cut it into thin slices (they should look like half circles. Set those aside. Slice the onions into thin strips and use a cheese grater or a zester to take the yellow part of the onion off, and reserve for cooking. In a sauté heat a little olive oil until it is very fluid (check cooking with Mary’s webisode 2b), add onions, leeks and lemon zest. Cook down on medium low until the onions become caramelized and then turn the flame off and add the white wine and halibut.
- Put in the oven for 10-12 minutes.